Six reasons to use Avid NEXIS | PRO with Pro Tools | Ultimate
Avid NEXIS | PRO is the ultimate real-time collaborative shared storage solution for a small post-production, house of worship, government, corporate, and media education environments. Built on decades of Avid’s storage experience in the media and entertainment industry, audio post facilities can now take advantage of an expandable storage solution that’s future proofed and optimized to accelerate collaboration with Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools | HD), as well as efficiently reduce redundant audio files and copy time.
1. Get Avid-certified performance—Work on the largest audio post mixes as a team, with up to 256 tracks of Pro Tools | Ultimate playback per user—with support for up to 12 users.
2. Collaborate across workspaces—By centralizing audio file storage on Avid NEXIS | PRO, you gain multi-room access to projects in up to 1,024 workspaces. You can even resize capacity on the fly using FlexDrive, with the ability to limit bandwidth per user or device.
3. Have your choice of creative tools—Enable contributors to use Avid Pro Tools, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Grass Valley EDIUS, and other leading creative tools.
4. Scale as your business grows—Easily expand your storage capacity by connecting up to four Avid NEXIS | PRO engines together for maximum capacity. This also quadruples your bandwidth, delivering more streams per client.
5. Get the utmost reliability—Avid performs the most rigorous workflow, performance, scalability, and interoperability testing in the industry. And get fast and easy maintenance with field-replaceable storage controllers, drives, power supplies, and fans.
6. Minimize downtime—Easily reconfigure and reallocate workspaces, bandwidth, capacity, and media protection without impacting production. Plus, automatic, media-aware drive rebuild enables you to retain real-time performance and full media protection in the event that a drive or two goes down.