Telestream Release Wirecast v8 and New Wirecast Gear 230
Wirecast 8 includes many powerful new capabilities, including multiview support, Facebook Live Integration and Rendevous the new revolutionary way to bring multiple guests into your Wirecast programme. Wirecast Gear 230 is an exciting new addition to the gear lineup, which now includes the ability to output SDI!
The new Rendezvous feature functions like a video conferencing system within Wirecast allowing users to bring in live video feeds or interviews from anyone, on any smart device, from any location, and broadcast them live. Rendezvous enables Wirecast Pro users to interview multiple people simultaneously and invited guests can join by simply clicking a link provided by the Wirecast operator. A built-in tally light system tells remote participants when they are on camera in the broadcast production. Once guests have joined the Rendezvous session, they can easily be added individually to any shot or shots in the Wirecast production, or be combined into a single shot. Remote guests can share their video camera, microphones, and screens with the host.
Rendezvous pairs perfectly with Wirecast’s free iOS camera and RTMP streaming app, Wirecast Go, enabling smooth remote production and contributions from Apple mobile devices.
Audio Feature Improvements
New audio features in Wirecast 8 Pro include the ability to mix up to eight independent audio tracks per broadcast and output them to independent destinations making multi-language productions easy. Multi-channel audio capture allows Wirecast to ingest up to 16 channels of audio per source. Users can set up specific shots to contain any combination of input channels, and take advantage of Wirecast 8’s greatly expanded stereo down-mixing capabilities, removing the need to pre-mix audio input sources.
FaceBook Live Integration
To engage in real-time conversations and feedback with an online audience, Wirecast 8 can display live Facebook comments on screen using NewblueFX’s Live Titler Express (Wirecast 8 Studio) or Present (Wirecast Pro) which are bundled free with every copy of Wirecast 8. Live Titler Express and Present can also be remotely controlled by a separate computer system, feeding curated comments or titles into Wirecast by a second operator for a truly professional collaborative workflow. Twitter and YouTube comment aggregation and curation is also available by upgrading to Live Titler Social or Complete.
Additional highlighted features in Wirecast 8 include:
- Major performance enhancements and a redesigned render engine make it easier to edit, composite and mix multiple graphic elements to create and stream professional quality content to any destination
- Multi-view support for monitoring up to 17 live sources independently on external monitors
- More accurate color-space conversion for truer colors, and improved alpha and gamma levels
- Improved quality and efficiency for x264 encoding uses fewer system resources and produces better quality streams
- New native clocks and timers allow users to add countdown clocks, stopwatches, world clocks, and time and date stamps to their streams
- Support for WASAPI, ASIO and industry-standard audio interfaces allowing users to connect more professional audio devices and gear to Wirecast
- IP-based workflows through NDI for IP-based workgroups and “cable-less” production. Wirecast enables production across LAN workstations through NDI so users can dedicate video, audio, graphics, scoreboards, and social media tasks to multiple operators, allowing them to achieve production values beyond what a single operator can manage.
Support Now Included
All New and upgrade version of Wirecast Gear now include the first years Standard Support. This includes all software updates and upgrades so users always stay up to date with the latest features and bug fixes/enhancements. Also included is technical support through an online portal, and access to self-service resources including forum community support, and demand training and knowledge base.
Wirecast Gear 230
Wirecast Gear is Telestream’s turnkey, fully configured, portable live streaming production system. Wirecast Gear 230 comes pre-loaded with Wirecast Pro software, NewBlueFX’s Live Titler Complete software, and now includes SDI output capability for local, baseband video output. With Wirecast Gear, there’s no need to build a hardware system to support Wirecast Pro. Users can simply plug in the power, Internet, and a camera or two, and be streaming in minutes.