Telestream have announced the release of Screenflow 7 - Screen Capture and Editing software for Mac. The new version 7 release includes new features such as higher frame rate support (60fps), improved Mp4 editing performance, animated text effects, Support for the new MacBook Pro OLED touchbar, Expanded direct export destinations including box.com and Ingur, and automatic export options - optimised for file size or export times.
What’s New in 7.0
- MP4 performance improvements - Easily power through large mp4 file editing. We added significant performance improvements for mp4 files that had previously been slow to process when editing and exporting.
- Text Animations - Add animated text effects to your videos, allowing for fun and/or creative polish in your videos. Tweak the default options to create completely new text animations!
- Global media library - Now you can store frequently used assets in your Global Library. Every document you open will show those same assets under the Global Library icon! Perfect for workflows that use the same intro/outro graphics for each video, or any other workflow that reuses the same assets frequently.
- Easy Auto-Export options - Our new auto export options make videos incredibly easy! Gone are the days of relying on canned presets if you are not an encoding wizard. ScreenFlow 7 lets you select between higher quality or quicker exports and automatically picks the best settings for your project. Need exacting control? We still have our manual modes too, which can be saved as custom export presets.
- Set clips to play in reverse on the timeline - Now in ScreenFlow, you can easily set clips to play in reverse.
- OLED Touch Bar support (MacBook Pro Late 2016) for Timeline Navigation - ScreenFlow 7 will show the timeline in the new TouchBar equipped macs. You can use the touchbar to adjust the visible sections of the timeline.
- macOS AutoSave functionality has been turned off - ScreenFlow has its own document recovery system and when combined with the AutoSave functionality native to macOS, conflicts could arise in specific situations. Projects could easily become corrupted when saved to remote locations such as network drives or cloud storage solutions, or when transferring files between projects. The combination of both recovery systems also could use excessive storage space in certain instances. Now that there are no longer two recovery systems in competition with each other, these potential issues no longer occur.
- Intel Quick Sync Hardware Accelerated Encoding - ScreenFlow 7 can now take advantage of hardware accelerated encoding. This is great for videos where the highest possible quality is not the main goal, and you would like the export process to have a minimal impact on system resources.
- Implement Multi-Pass x264 Encoding - Multi-pass x264 encoding can improve quality of exports when compared with single-pass. Now, ScreenFlow will use this automatically if you select a higher quality option from the new auto-export options.
- Add a Waveform Progress UI to show progress of waveform processing - When adding files containing audio, or applying certain audio filters, audio waveform rendering can take a lengthy amount of time to complete. Now, ScreenFlow 7 will keep you informed that it is performing an intensive process in the background, and when it is completed. This is particularly useful, as it makes the user aware that editing during render times may be slower until render completion.
- Add support for higher timeline frame rates - In ScreenFlow 7, you can now edit in 60 fps. The timeline shows an fps indicator, and you can easily toggle between 30 or 60 fps modes.
- User defined shortcut keys - We have added a shortcut manager in ScreenFlow 7. Users can add new shortcut keys to commands that did not previously have a shortcut assigned to it, or change existing shortcuts. You can even have different shortcut sets that can be changed on the fly!
- Calculate exported file size - In the export window, ScreenFlow will now provide a estimated filesize. Please keep in mind, this is just an estimation. The resulting file sizes will vary. In our testing, it has been consistently close in its estimation.
- Custom interfaces for Apple Audio Units (AU) - Apple audio units that have a UI can now have the UI launched from within ScreenFlow.
- Made the Timeline and Inspector panels collapsible - Preview mode has been removed, and we have added a shortcut key to collapse the timeline and inspector.
- Kern - Tighten/Loosen UI buttons - There are now buttons in the text inspector for tightening and loosening the kerning values.
- Add media to Timeline in sequence - When adding multiple assets to the timeline, ScreenFlow will now place them in sequential order, rather than in separate tracks.
- Panning and Gain/Volume controls for audio input devices - In the recording window, there are now Panning and Gain/Volume controls for audio devices. This is great for dialing in more complex, multi-channel workflows before the recording begins, saving time by removing the need to apply repetitious edits to each channel after each recording.
- Publish to Imgur - ScreenFlow 7 will allow you to quickly and easily publish directly to Imgur, perfect for gif files. No need to export, visit the upload page, find your file, and submit. Just select Imgur from the ScreenFlow publish menu!
- Publish to Box.com - ScreenFlow 7 enables users to quickly and easily publish videos directly to their box.com account, without having to visit box.com to upload your exports.
- Spanish Language Version - ScreenFlow 7.0 now supports spanish system localization.
- Ability to solo multiple audio channels at a time using the Command key ( ⌘) - Similar to professional DAW software, ScreenFlow 7 will allow you to use the audio solo function, on more than a single source at a time.
- Dark UI Theme - We have added a new “Dark” theme, and set it to default to help make your content stand out for an improved editing experience. Users can switch back to the previous “Light” theme within ScreenFlow preferences.
- Enable Letterbox by default on exports - Now, letterboxing will be applied by default if the export aspect ratio differs from the canvas aspect ratio.
- When adding a new text clip, it should automatically focus it for editing - ScreenFlow 7 will now automatically jump to the added clip.
- Support trackpad two finger gesture for media rotation on canvas - You can now rotate media assets using the relevant two-finger gesture on your apple touchpad.
- Shortcuts: Allow a user to Import/Export Shortcut Key Sets - You can now Import & Export shortcut key sets, perfect for multi-user machines, to maintain multiple workflows, or just being able to backup your custom shortcut key settings.
- Record retina-class cursor - ScreenFlow will now record high-resolution cursors for improved quality.
- Added configurable keyboard shortcuts for hiding desktop icons, select "All Clips after Current Clip", select all clips under scrubber (S), Show Quick Media Library, and Partial Screen Recording.