AJA Video Systems announced new v1.1 firmware for its versatile HELO H.264 streaming, encoding and recording device. The update adds new features to HELO that further simplify and expand live production workflows.
HELO v1.1 firmware feature highlights include:
- A scheduler that triggers pre-planned start and stop of recording and streaming media. The schedule may be programmed locally through HELO’s web UI, by importing ICS files or by linking to external calendar providers such as Google Calendar
- Redundant recording of one file to two media destinations simultaneously
- A recording file segment size of 360 minutes for TS files for long event recordings
- Support for up to five RTSP streams
- REST API documentation to describe how to automate basic HELO functions
“HELO has been met with great enthusiasm, and we’ve been working closely with customers to rapidly develop and deploy updates that further improve its functionality while addressing common live event production challenges,” shared AJA President Nick Rashby. “Following our most recent update, which introduced support for Facebook Live, HELO v1.1. firmware includes several new features that make streaming, recording and encoding with HELO even simpler.”