Ki Pro Ultra Plus is a Multi-Channel Apple ProRes® recorder offering up to four channels of simultaneous HD recording, or in single channel mode, a 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD® MXF recorder and player supporting the latest connectivity including 3G-SDI, Fibre and HDMI 2.0, as well as large raster high frame rate workflows, including 4K 60p. Designed to be both portable with a built-in carry handle or rack-mountable with half rack wide 2U high dimensions, Ki Pro Ultra Plus suits a wide range of production and post environments.
Four channels of HD can be recorded simultaneously as Apple ProRes files, each with different compression profiles as desired, to robust AJA Pak 1000 SSD media. Ki Pro Ultra Plus includes the proven Ki Protect technology, ensuring that in the event of power failure or inadvertent withdrawal of a Pak drive, recently recorded footage is always secure. All four channels can be displayed on Ki Pro Plus’s LCD screen as a quad-split during capture for confidence monitoring, as well as the ability to output the quad-split over HDMI, SDI and even on the integrated browser-based web UI during capture.
Next-generation 4K/UltraHD 50/60p recording and playback are attainable all the way up to Apple ProRes HQ when using AJA Pak1000 SSD media with Ki Pro Ultra Plus. Ki Pro Ultra Plus not only supports true 4K at 4096 x 2160p for digital cinema and high-quality UltraHD for broadcast production, it also offers the colour depth to match. Any shoot or project benefits from the fabulously-rich colours and smooth gradations across the luminance and chroma range that 12-bit makes possible, with full 4:4:4 support including Apple ProRes 4444 XQ.
- Flexible HD recording options: 1, 2, 3 or 4-Channel HD recording at up to 1080 60p with independent ProRes codec profile support for each channel
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD MXF
- HDMI 2.0 support allows for full 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 capture and output at up to 4K/UltraHD 60fps
- 12-bit support on input for Apple ProRes 4444 and ProRes 4444 XQ encoding and HDMI 2.0 input and output
- Built-in Ki Protect ensures recordings aren’t lost in a power failure
- Broad video connectivity including fibre cages, 3G-SDI, and HDMI 2.0
- Multi-channel audio support via embedded SDI or HDMI, AES/EBU and Analogue
- WebUI enables remote monitoring, control and deployment on the field or in the studio, via a standard web browser
- Compact 2RU high, half rack width form factor
- Records to reliable and rugged AJA Pak SSD media, with options for recording to eSATA
- Includes AJA’s renowned three year international warranty