Perfect for transitioning to 4K
Universal SD/HD Frame Sync with High-quality 4K/UHD Up-conversion.
The FS3 is AJA’s first FS product with a 4K/UHD up-converter and is the next evolution in video conversion and frame synchronization.
Within its compact 1RU chassis, FS3 integrates an array of video and audio processing designed to solve severe signal conversion challenges.
Moving to 4K is never an instant change. Legacy signals and archival material need to be integrated into the 4K environment. Utilizing AJA’s remarkable conversion algorithms, FS3 supports up-conversion from SD, HD, and 3G-SDI video to 4K or UHD video carried on quad 3G-SDI BNCs, dual 3G-SDI BNCs, or optional fiber LC SFP outputs. Both Quadrant (Square Division) and 2SI (Two Sample Interleave) output formats are supported.
Synchronizing and up-converting SD, HD, and 3G-SDI video to 4K or UHD is a critical part of a broadcast, mobile or post-production environment.
FS3 syncs to analog SD blackburst, HD tri-level sync, or to the incoming SDI signal. FS3 also provides integer frame rate conversion (3:2, 1:2, 2:1).
FS3 has full Video Proc Amp and Color Corrector capabilities, and the robust AFD features ensure that the aspect ratio of the outgoing signal is correctly identified for downstream devices.
The growth of 5.1 and 7.1 audio has increased the number of audio channels that must be managed in a production. FS3 accepts embedded SDI audio on all four SDI inputs (two coax and two extra fiber) and has an internal 64x64 audio matrix that allows routing of all embedded audio channels. Besides audio level, phase, and delay controls, FS3 also provides for 5.1 and 7.1 mixdown to stereo.
- SD/HD up/down-conversion
- SD/SD aspect ratio conversion
- HD/HD cross-conversion (720p/1080i)
- Up/down/cross-conversion with both the input and converted formats on SD/HD SDI outputs (both synchronized)
- HD cross-conversion with simultaneous down-converted SDI output
- FS2 can up or down-convert between SD, HD, and 3G HD (1080p50/60), and cross-convert between HD formats including 3G HD. Additionally, FS2 has full input and output signal routing, allowing any I/O port to be assigned to either processing channel.
- Single-channel LC connector modules
- Single-channel SC connector modules
- Dual-channel LC connector modules
- Closed caption conversion
Automatically sets Active Format Description information to match the converted signal. This means AFD information does not have to be inserted after conversion and provides accurate information for devices that understand AFD.
Contact us for demos and pricing.